Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Happy Anniversary to June's Parents!!!

My very good friend from States, June whom I've known since Std 1 wanted me to make some fruit cheese tarts & lemon mango cup-a-cakes for her mom. This one in particular is extra challenging for me because like myself, June loves to bake & so does her mom! We can never stop talking if the topic of baking and new ideas come up. She has also been a great supporter for my new baking interest.

She wanted cheese tarts topped with fruits. My 'chef' advised me to select strawberries, kiwis and peaches for a nice colour combo - I'm glad I listened. Seriously so nice!

The 3 fruits give it a very nice combination taste wise as well...

I packaged them in a small box which fits the 12-tarts perfectly! Added ribbons to make it look more like a gift :)

Lemon & Mango base top with up-to-me... So well, for the base, i used fresh lemon zest & mangoes. The mangoes are really sweet! It'll definitely make the cupcakes sweeter.... But the lemon zest really brings out the smell! Yumm yummm..

June only wanted 12 but I made 15 for her... with one jumbo sized as the centre-piece. She has been bugging me to tell her how much all this will cost but Í have decided for this to be a gift for her. She's been such a great support, this is the LEAST I can do! I'm risking not having future biz from her...! I hope not.... She's too nice to do that... Please accept this, ok?

She wanted to keep it simple...

She loves dagarees... I made a heart shaped love using dagarees, heart shaped sugar and to give it the height, I used milk rocky! As for the icing, I did mango icing to blend with the base... June asked me to use as little icing as possible... I left it at a rose swirl. Note: To all cup-a-cake lovers, don't worry about not liking the icing! You can always take it off the top! It's just to make it pretty! But do give it a try... at least a bit. Sinful but Y.U.m.M.Y!

And finally, into the box with a carrier...

The message...

With love from June, the brother & her hubby!

Added some ribbons as the final touch... chill it a while.... and I'm ready to deliver!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY UNCLE & AUNTY!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ween........both my mom and dad loved the cupcakes and cheese tarts!!..Thanks so much for making it soooo pretty and yummy....and deliver them for me....can't wait to be back and taste those yummilicious cupcakes and have them at my wedding...=)

PS:...Goodness so many cook books!! I'm jealous!

ween said...

hey dear... i'm glad they enjoyed it.... *phew*