Friday, November 16, 2007

Choc Banana cup-a-cakes filled with lots of love!

This order is for my dear friend, Chen Chyi's mom. Her mom loves anything chocolate but not too sweet. And CC asked me to add in bananas. Banana in chocolate cupcake is really nice coz it helps make the cupcake moist. She also requested for lots of hearts...

Made specially FOR CC's mom....

I started with the base... instead of the usual cake board, I wrapped it up to make it look more classy... This board fits 12 mini cup-a-cakes perfectly. Since CC said the mom don't enjoy cream so much, instead of doing the usual twirl, I did one round leaving it to look like flower. For the cream, I mixed in chocolate rice to give the cream more taste. As for the base, I made choc banana and in order to enhance the banana taste, I added thick & fresh bananas right in the middle!

I filled the middle part with lots of chocolate rice so that I can put it the fondant flowers without it touching the cream. (It will melt like a layer of cheese if it touches coz the cream is soft) I added dagarees around it and red sugar hearts beside the flowers to bring out the colour.

To finish it, I added hearts & flowers on wire so that it doesn't look too flat. At first, I wanted to put just the hearts but it didn't look that nice. So I added white flowers!

So finally, this is what we get! The texture of the cream is quite bumpy and not as smooth because of the chocolate rice I added in...

Made with lots of love from the newly weds all the way from HONG KONG!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Chen Chyi & Chen Yi'S MOM!!!

No comments: