Tuesday, October 30, 2007

3-tier cup-a-cake's 1st ORDER!!!

This is mint cup-a-cake. My first time doing and it was very challenging because I am no fan of mint! I had to re-do several times coz at first it was too minty!

On the morning when i was supposed to deliver the goods... my fridge flooded and spoilt my topping! Luckily the damage was not severe... i had time to redo... *phew* very challenging this one. Luckily discovered it early.

Let me tell u a bit about how this order came about. This very cute & petite girl came into Manila Place hoping to find a special cake for her boyfriend's birthday... (she is really so sweet the bf's so lucky to have her!) And that's when i introduced her to cup-a-cakes and see if she liked the idea! It's still quite a new thing... and she bought it. Then for about a month we corresponded through mail and phone. She showed me roughly what she'd like and i slept on it. She wanted 3 flavors - strawberry, choc & vanilla... and also a box of mint choc cup-a-cakes...

This is the strawberry cup-a-cake... I decided to keep it simple.. the design wise. She din want too much cream. So i kept it at a rose swirl. It can only be done if the cream is cream-y enough! Else you cannot get the nice ending.

And the vanilla....

And all together. I had to make sure it all looked uniform - size and the swirls.

Then finally the topping.... It's for a guy... so i wanted to keep it as simple and not girl-y as possible. And i'm still not over using rocky! Luckily rocky comes in the 3 flavors as per my order! Choc, strawberry & vanilla! P-e-R-f-E-c-T!

All together now.... the theme she wanted was black and red. Hard to do for the cream so i opted for the boards... with silver ribbons for the holder. I used 40pcs cup-a-cakes for this 3-tier cake. Just nice.... Took me quite a while to think of a nice way to do the 3-tier holder. But quite happy with my final out come... I kept the vanilla & strawberries for the bottom and choc for the middle & the top one, choc & vanilla!

I asked if there's anything in particular the boyfriend liked and she said bowling. Quite a challenge i thought. Wanted to do fondant bowling pins at first but then i found bowling candles! Yeah! Lucky me again! Just perfect... Then i made a happy birthday tag to complement it all since I couldn't write it...

And finally.... tah dahhhhh! The final product! It was quite a rush because they had their lunch at Manila Place too... and i only had so much time to put it together for them and did not have a proper place to take the final pic also! Please don't mind the messy background!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JORDAN!!

No comments: