Wednesday, August 8, 2007

My very first trial...

I'm not sure how my sudden craze for baking came about but it did! So well.... as I journey towards developing my non-existing baking skills... i shall keep track them so I can know how well or how bad I've been!!!

My first trial is chocolate muffins topped with shaped & colored fondant. It is so much fun working with fondant! Of course I'm far from being any good from it... but i still had lots of fun. I did really small mini ones. Just one gulp and no more! Biggest problem faced is... fondants are royal icings. So it's really sweet. And they don't taste really nice too... just looks good!

all in all... tho it took me a whole 5 hours plus... i think it's quite a successful 1st time.... *grin*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey.. hey.. how did you make the fondant??

ween said...

hey.... i don't make them. It's a lot of hassle to make them. I buy them ready made. Biggest problem with fondant in our country is the weather. Very diff to take care...