Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Fondant & butter cream icing

My 2nd trial with cupcakes. This time, i had the help of 2 of my 'staffs' from manila... Monica & Cynthia... We started from about 7pm... and finished at nearly 12.00am! We baked cupcakes & cookies as well...

The blue ones are the blueberry cupcakes. Unfortunately, though it's pretty looking... it's too sweet. I've never been very fond of blueberries... So, didn't really like the taste. But hoo boy... the frosting is simply too sweet! The fondant looks really pretty now... but by the next day, it melts... I think it's because I kept them in the fridge and the icing is pretty wet... Sensitive fondant.... At least it lastest nice while photo was taken! It was like a layer of melted butter the next day... so sad...

However... the chocolate banana was really yummy! I used cream frosting instead... it wasn't very sweet and it taste really nice! Well, coming from a choc-a-holic... it really can't be all that bad! My helpers love it too!!! And trust me, they have no reasons to lie to me...

By the end of it... we were all so tired...... my legs were just so tired! And my eyes were blur and teary from all the intensive baking session we had! Will see how the customers will like our home made cup-a-cakes!

No comments: